Department of Public Administration
Department of Public Administration is graduating department of the Institute of Social Sciences and governance named after. G.A. Aliyev by the specialty «Public Management and Administration» and focused primarily on the practical component of training specialists of public administration.
The mission of the department is preparation of modern managerial elite for the work in different areas of public administration.
The head of the Department of Public Administration is Yevhen Aleksandrovych Romanenko – Doctor of science in Public Administration, Professor, President of the Ukrainian Assembly of doctors of science in public administration, Academician of the International Academy of Personnel and Ukrainian Technological Academy, Honorary Doctor of the National Institute of Economic Research of Georgia, Honored Lawyer of Ukraine. Yevhen Aleksandrovych is author of over 100 scientific publications in the field of public administration, marketing, political science, economics and sociology. He was awarded by a number of governmental, institutional and church awards Ukraine. The civil servant of the 3rd rank. The chief editor of a collection of scientific works «Public management», member of the editorial boards of the journals «Sociology of Law», «Strategy and tactics of government» and «Innovative economics and management» (Georgia). Member of the Scientific Advisory Council of the Higher Administrative Court of Ukraine and the Scientific Advisory Board of the State Architectural and Construction Inspectorate of Ukraine. Member of the Specialized Scientific Council D 26.867.03 on defense of dissertations for the degree of Doctor (candidate) of Public Administration in the field 25.00.01 - theory and history of public administration and 25.00.02 - Mechanisms of Public Administration Institute of Legislation of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The department has known scientists and leading specialists of the sphere of public administration:
- Deputy of the Head of the Dept., PhD of the political science , Associate professor, Hrabovenko Natalia V.;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, Prof. of the Dept., president of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences Public Administration, Balashov Anatoly N.;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, Prof. of the Dept., Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine, holder of the Order "For Merit III degree," civil servant rank and Usachenko Usachenko Larisa M.;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, Prof. of the Dept.. Assoc., prof. of the Dept. Alexander Vladimirovich Molodtsov;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, professor of the Dept. Chervyakova Olga V.;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, Prof. of the Dept., Honored Builderof the Ukraine, Commander of the Order "For Merit II and III levels", academician of the Academy of Ukraine, member of the Coordination Council for Development of Civil Society under the President Ukraine, Nepomnyashchii Alexander M.;
- Doctor of Science in public administration, professor of the Dept., Honored Economist of Ukraine, holder of the Order «For Merit» of the third degree, public servant of the 1 rank retired Kaidashev Roman P.;
- PhD of. Philosophical Science, professor of the Dept. AlekhineVladimir I.;
- PhD of Historical Science, professor of the Dept. ICA Utvenko Vladimir V.;
- PhD off public administration, Associate professor of the Dept. Natalia Morozova G.;
- PhD of public administration, Associate professor of the Dept. Shapovalova Alla M.;
- PhD of public administration, Associate professor of the Dept., member of the branch «Strategy of Ukraine» in the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences Yarovoy Tikhon S.;
- PhD off public administration, Associate professor of the Dept. Travyanko Alexander I.;
- PhD of public administration, Senior Lecturer of the Dept. Chaplay Irina V.;
- PhD off public administration, Associate professor of the Dept. Meshcheryakov Valery V.;
- Senior Lecturer of the Dept. Levtsov Sergey V.;
- Senior Lecturer of the Dept. Oksak Anastasia O.;
- Senior Lecturer of the Dept. Yakovenko Tatyana H.;
- Lecturer of the Dept. Goncharuk Viktor A.
Teachers of the Department prepared more than 20 textbooks and manuals from the standard and optional subjects, most of which are approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine; the authors of numerous scientific printed articles published in journals included in the international scientometric bases Scopus and Web of Science.
The main disciplines in the Department of Public Administration are:
PR-technologies in public administration
Analysis of situations
Introduction to «Public Management and Administration»
State social policy
Public administration in the economic sphere
Document preparation and analytical documents
Ethics of civil servant
Personnel policy and public service
Methodology and Research Methods
The organizational principles of public administration
Designing Social Technologies
Working with civil society
Socio-economic planning and forecasting
Modern public administration
Theory and practice reforms
The territorial organization of power in Ukraine
Office of Community Development
Quality management of public services
I am a student
Humanitarian policy of local authorities
State social policy
Marketing municipal services
Research methodology and methods of teaching public administration and local government
Modeling in public administration and local government
Municipal social and economic policy
Regulatory support public administration and local government
The organization of municipal institutions
Fundamentals of Ethnology («Ethnology»)
Planning of local government
Comparative public administration and local government
The social security and social assistance
The social infrastructure of the city («Social infrastructure settlements»)
The social policy of local government
Sociological analysis of state-administrative activity
Sociology of public service
Sociology of Local Government and Public Administration
Theory and History of Public Administration
Theory and history of public service
Local communities in the local government system
The philosophy of public administration and local government
On the basis of the Department of Public Administration the Advising Center of the National Mediation and Reconciliation Service in Kyiv and Kyiv region is created.
In October 2016 on the basis of the the Department due to the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine «On licensing of educational activities» of 21.10.2016 №1464l graduate school is opened by the specialty 281 – «Public Management and Administration».
Teaching on the Department provides in-depth legal, economic, political, administrative, social, humanitarian, professional training and mastery of analytical and research skills in the field of public administration.
The main strategic directions of the formation of the Department are:
1) conduction of the theoretical and methodological research of the processes that occur in various areas of public administration;
2) analysis of the practical aspects of the development and reformation of the activity of the state authorities and local self-government in Ukraine;
3) systematization of approaches for the improving of the system of public administration through the use of modern technology and innovative resources and others.
The development of the Department is based on systematic cooperation with leading domestic and foreign scientists, representatives of public authorities, research institutions and educational institutions, public.
The department developed serious joint with the international research institutions, projects from the development of the innovative and advanced technologies in the field of public administration.
In the years 2015-2016, under the direct supervision of the Head of Department - Yevhen Aleksandrovych Romanenko, along with prominent domestic and foreign scientists a number of major international projects was developed:
1. Project «My civic awareness on preventing, combating of corruption and crime in Ukraine».
2. Project «Civil Society and State: dialogue and partnership».
3. Project «Resource center on civil service and service in local government».
4. Concept «Formation of a self-regulatory system of public service in Ukraine».
5. Project «Preventing corruption - a pledge of the development of a democratic society» and others.
In 2016 the Department, in the board of activity of the Ukrainian Assembly of Doctors of Science in public administration for participation in the program of EU research and innovation, Horizon 2020, such Projects was developed:
1. Project «Establishment of a multi-innovation center for European studies and innovations with a network of representative offices in the territory of Ukraine and an IT platform».
2. Project «The International Center to Support Youth Ideas and Projects for Business and Establishment of Social Enterprises».
3. Project «Research center for institutional development of public administration» and others.
The Department regularly organizes and conducts international and national conferences, round tables, workshops for the effective use of the creative potential of its employees, but also for scientific, technical, socio-economic and cultural development of the field of public administration.
In 2015 Department, together with the Regional Academy of Management (Kazakhstan), the European Science Foundation «Institute for Innovation» (Poland), Regional Centre for European Innovation (Poland), the National Institute of Economic Research (Georgia), East European Institute (RUSSIA Federation) University of Economics and business (Kazakhstan) and Tarazskym innovative humanitarian University (Kazakhstan), conducted:
1. International scientific-practical conference «Modern social communication: challenges, priorities and priorities in the European integration process», that held in November 27, 2015 in Helm, Poland.
2. V international scientific-practical conference «Information space. Ukrainian reality: Experience Transformation», that held in November 28, 2015 in Helm, Poland.
3. III International scientific-practical conference «Innovation Management and Technology in the Era of Globalization», which took place on 12-14 January 2016 in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
4. International scientific-practical conference «Integration of the scientific community to the global challenges of our time», which took place on March 25, 2016 in Sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt).
5. International scientific-practical conference «Prospects of development of modern science», that held 04-06 May 2016 in Jerusalem (Israel).
6. International scientific-practical conference «Membership in WTO: Prospects of scientific research and the international technology market», that held 15-17 June 2016 in Bangkok (Thailand).
7. International scientific conference «Problems of socio-economic development on the stages of modern development and ways of its solutions», that held June 24, 2016 in Batumi (Georgia);
8. International scientific-practical conference «The Europe and the Turkic World: Science, Engineering and Technology», which took place 19-20 October 2016 in Side (Turkey) and others.
Also, April 01, 2016 the Department, together with the Ukrainian Assembly of doctors of science in public administration, National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service, the National Mediation and Reconciliation Academy of Municipal Administration, Ukrainian Technological Academy, Department of Public Administration Philosophical Faculty of Kyiv National University. Taras Shevchenko, the Regional Academy of Management (Kazakhstan), National Institute of Economic Research (Georgia) Batumi educational university navigation (Georgia), Academy Pomeranian in Slupsk (Poland), held the first international scientific conference «Public administration: challenges, threats and Development field of science».
Graduates of the Department can work in senior positions in:
- central bodies of the executive, legislative, judiciary and their staff;
- local governments;
- collegial government bodies;
- regional, district administrations;
- departments, divisions, services territorial units of central government;
- departments, divisions and other structural units of local government and others.
As a result of training, graduates of the Department gain not only the skills of professionals who are able to systematically analyze current trends in public administration and, on this basis, to make effective management decisions, but also the skills of evaluating the results of its own activities, regardless of its functional nature and industry focus.
After studying, the graduates of the Department of public administration received:
a) national diploma of special sample;
b) a special application to the national diploma;
c) diploma of the European standard.