The staff of the Khmelnytsky Institute visited the State Historical and Cultural Reserve
On June 21, the staff of the Khmelnytsky Institute visited the State Historical and Cultural Reserve "Samchiki".
Palace-park ensemble "Samchiki" - a manor-house in the village of Samchyky to the east of Starokostyantinov (now Starokostyantyniv district Khmelnytsky region). The palace is one of the best preserved, which made it possible to arrange a manor-house. In the All-Ukrainian competition "Seven Wonders of Ukraine", held in 2007, the manor in Samchiky was one of the nominees from the Khmelnytsky region.
The manor house in the village of Samchyk began to be built by Jan Hoetsky in the early 18th century. Since then, the so-called Old Palace of the year 1725 has been preserved.
The next owner was Colonel Petro Chechel (1754-1843), Haysian Starostat. It was during his management that the estate acquired a new look: a palace, two wings, an entrance gate, greenhouses (including a greenhouse of open type "Garden in the ants") and a stables were built. Chechel also carried out a reconstruction in the romantic landscape style of the Hoetsky Park. The estate was then fenced with a wall. The son of Petr Chechel Yan married Ludwika Jakubowski in 1822, and then his father gave his son Samchiki and other villages a gift. Jan and Peter died one year later (1843), and the estate was inherited by Ludwik, and later by Jakub, son of Jan and Ludwik. Yakub continued to develop his education and culture in his possessions, for example, in 1854 he founded the village music school for playing wind instruments and stringed musical instruments in Samchyky, as well as an orchestra headed by Roderick-August Brown, a well-known Polish composer, conductor and violinist .
Yakub Chechel supported the participants of the Polish uprising in 1863. In the battle with the Russian army near the village of Saliha, he was wounded and tortured to death in captivity. The Chekery estate was confiscated by the tsarist. In January 1867 the estate was bought by Zhytomyr merchant of the first guild Kupriyan Abramovich Lyashkov. The next owner of the estate in 1870 was Ivan Ugrimov. Ugrimov built at his own expense the school and opened a village library, for their management the estate was visited by prominent figures of culture, education and science as the Russian Empire, and Europe. In 1902 the estate was bought by Mikhail Shestakov (1856 - 1926), who owned it until 1918.
After the February Revolution, the invaluable weight of the monument was destroyed, people died ... Many palaces turned into ashes, but Samchinetsky's efforts of the peasants were preserved. The estate was empty until 1922. Interior of the palace was destroyed. In 1958, the unique complex of economic facilities of the Hoetsky estate was destroyed at the beginning of the 18th century.
In 1960 the park was declared a monument of landscape architecture, and in 1979 the palace and park ensemble was a monument to the historical and cultural heritage of Ukraine.
By the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 844 of August 5, 1997, the estate was declared the State Historical and Cultural Reserve "Samchiki".
Today, the reserve is the object of the nature reserve fund of Ukraine - a park-monument of garden-park art of national significance "Samchikivsky Park" and a monument of historical and cultural heritage of Ukraine - a palace and park ensemble.