OATH OF THE DOCTOR OF UKRAINE
By decree of the President of Ukraine
of June 15, 1992 N 349
Having acquired the profession of a doctor and realizing the importance of the responsibilities assigned to me, in the presence of my teachers and colleagues I solemnly swear:
- all knowledge, strength and ability to give to the cause of protection and improving human health, treatment and prevention of diseases, provide medical care to all who need it;
- invariably guided in their actions and thoughts by principles of universal morality, to be selfless and sensitive to the sick, to admit one's mistakes, with dignity to continue noble traditions of world medicine;
- to keep medical secret, not to use it to the detriment of man;
- follow the rules of professional ethics, do not hide the truth, if it does not harm the patient;
- constantly deepen and improve their knowledge and skills, if necessary, seek help from colleagues and yourself never deny them this, be fair to colleagues;
- by their own example to promote education physically and morally healthy generation, to affirm the high ideals of mercy, love, harmony and mutual respect between people.
I swear allegiance to this Oath throughout my life.